XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 dead?

Tip us?

nyyankees1237
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Default Nexus 5 dead?

Forenote, my N5 was running PSX v2 and Franco Kernel r13 flawlessly for weeks when this ramdomly happened.

Used my phone today just as I have for weeks on end with little to no issue until around 8 or 9 hours into my day the phone started to lag very badly. Redraws, stutter, unresponsiveness, you name it. I was surprised as this phone usually flies! So I cleared my recent apps and that seemed to help slightly, but it still was very slow. I used cache cleaner's built in ram cleaner to stop all running processes (which I never do) and it seemed like the issue was fixed. The system UI and launcher redrew and I was good to go.

Until I started to play some music in Play Music, a pop up constantly popped up that YouTube has stopped working. I didn't even use YouTube today! I tried to then open the YouTube app and it wouldn't open whatsoever. No animation no execution, just a dialog box reading, "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped working." I went into app settings and cleared cache/data/and force stopped and the app still was misbehaving. I reinstalled the app via the play store and it still wouldn't open. The dialog box wouldn't stop popping up this whole time mind you.

I was thinking what the hell is wrong with my phone today!? Maybe a reboot would fix things. I tried rebooting and my phone got stuck at boot animation. I force shut off and rebooted into recovery, formatted cache and dalvik cache and rebooted. This time the boot animation actually froze.. I was like what the f***! I let it sit for a few minutes to see if anything would happen without any luck.

I force shut off again and now the phone won't even turn on. Not into bootloader, not normally, the thing won't even charge! So here I am with a dead phone and a $450 paperweight. I'm just so lost I have no idea what could've caused this really unusual sequence of events.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2239
A bad phone. Rma it

ctbear
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Was the phone hot when the weird things happened?

nyyankees1237
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear View Post
Was the phone hot when the weird things happened?
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary temperature wise.. Although my phone has overheated and shut off before that was maybe 2-3 weeks ago..

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0