LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 Died out on me.

OP ImHereToSaveTheDay

5th January 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #11  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,437

5,801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickoicko

EDIT: or find the person who sold it to you and demand a replacement IF it has a one year warranty though that's more of a hassle.

Uhh... OP flashed custom firmware on it so how is it the seller's fault? Even if it was on warranty, OP voided it when he flashed the custom ROM. This is a risk that everyone on XDA is or should be aware of.

@ImHereToSaveTheDay- If you can get into the bootloader or recovery you can likely save the phone. Try flashing the factory image. If you can't get into the bootloader you might need to have the phone JTAG'd. When you connect it to your computer what pops up under device manager? If it comes up as QHSUSB_DLOAD then it's hard bricked and needs to be JTAG'd.
Last edited by _MetalHead_; 5th January 2014 at 09:16 PM.
5th January 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,514

26,839 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHereToSaveTheDay

Well since its already a paperweight ATM. I got some tools to open the phone. Should I at least try to see if something went wrong? Like battery or anything ?

have you tried pressing and holding your power button for 20 seconds or so?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Uhh... OP flashed custom firmware on it so how is it the seller's fault? Even if it was on warranty, OP voided it when he flashed the custom ROM. This is a risk that everyone on XDA is or should be aware of.

@ImHereToSaveTheDay- If you can get into the bootloader or recovery you can likely save the phone. Try flashing the factory image. If you can't get into the bootloader you might need to have the phone JTAG'd. When you connect it to your computer what pops up under device manager? If it comes up as QHSUSB_DLOAD then it's hard bricked and needs to be JTAG'd.

software wont brick the phone, especially software thats made for the nexus 5. and google will still replace a phone if its the hardwares issue, even if you are rooted running custom software. that risk that you say everyone should be aware of doesnt really exist if its the hardwares issue. and if its software, it can always be fixed.
5th January 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #13  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,437

5,801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

have you tried pressing and holding your power button for 20 seconds or so?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

software wont brick the phone, especially software thats made for the nexus 5. and google will still replace a phone if its the hardwares issue, even if you are rooted running custom software. that risk that you say everyone should be aware of doesnt really exist if its the hardwares issue. and if its software, it can always be fixed.

That's not entirely true. My One X had to be JTAG'd because of software. Granted it was different circumstances than this, but it certainly wasn't a hardware fault.

If it is a hardware issue then yes, it will still be covered by warranty, but running any type of custom firmware does come with a risk, Nexus phone or not. As it stands, OP doesn't know what the problem is, so calling the seller and demanding a replacement isn't quite appropriate. That's all I was really commenting on.
7th January 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Talking
After playing around with it and all something even weirder happened. My phone started vibrating. The screen is completely off but the calls still go through now. Its weird to me because I can actually answer the calls with the phone's screen completely off as well as hear them. Does this mean... The phone boots up and everything. Just won't show anything on screen. Is this like a digitizer or something related type of problem now that I'm facing ?

Also I've managed to reach the guy. He told me he would have a look at it if its still not fixed by Wednesday.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread