Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Died out on me.

Tip us?

_MetalHead_
Old
(Last edited by _MetalHead_; 5th January 2014 at 08:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickoicko View Post

EDIT: or find the person who sold it to you and demand a replacement IF it has a one year warranty though that's more of a hassle.
Uhh... OP flashed custom firmware on it so how is it the seller's fault? Even if it was on warranty, OP voided it when he flashed the custom ROM. This is a risk that everyone on XDA is or should be aware of.

@ImHereToSaveTheDay- If you can get into the bootloader or recovery you can likely save the phone. Try flashing the factory image. If you can't get into the bootloader you might need to have the phone JTAG'd. When you connect it to your computer what pops up under device manager? If it comes up as QHSUSB_DLOAD then it's hard bricked and needs to be JTAG'd.
\m/(-_-)\m/

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHereToSaveTheDay View Post
Well since its already a paperweight ATM. I got some tools to open the phone. Should I at least try to see if something went wrong? Like battery or anything ?
have you tried pressing and holding your power button for 20 seconds or so?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Uhh... OP flashed custom firmware on it so how is it the seller's fault? Even if it was on warranty, OP voided it when he flashed the custom ROM. This is a risk that everyone on XDA is or should be aware of.

@ImHereToSaveTheDay- If you can get into the bootloader or recovery you can likely save the phone. Try flashing the factory image. If you can't get into the bootloader you might need to have the phone JTAG'd. When you connect it to your computer what pops up under device manager? If it comes up as QHSUSB_DLOAD then it's hard bricked and needs to be JTAG'd.
software wont brick the phone, especially software thats made for the nexus 5. and google will still replace a phone if its the hardwares issue, even if you are rooted running custom software. that risk that you say everyone should be aware of doesnt really exist if its the hardwares issue. and if its software, it can always be fixed.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
have you tried pressing and holding your power button for 20 seconds or so?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

software wont brick the phone, especially software thats made for the nexus 5. and google will still replace a phone if its the hardwares issue, even if you are rooted running custom software. that risk that you say everyone should be aware of doesnt really exist if its the hardwares issue. and if its software, it can always be fixed.
That's not entirely true. My One X had to be JTAG'd because of software. Granted it was different circumstances than this, but it certainly wasn't a hardware fault.

If it is a hardware issue then yes, it will still be covered by warranty, but running any type of custom firmware does come with a risk, Nexus phone or not. As it stands, OP doesn't know what the problem is, so calling the seller and demanding a replacement isn't quite appropriate. That's all I was really commenting on.
\m/(-_-)\m/

ImHereToSaveTheDay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After playing around with it and all something even weirder happened. My phone started vibrating. The screen is completely off but the calls still go through now. Its weird to me because I can actually answer the calls with the phone's screen completely off as well as hear them. Does this mean... The phone boots up and everything. Just won't show anything on screen. Is this like a digitizer or something related type of problem now that I'm facing ?

Also I've managed to reach the guy. He told me he would have a look at it if its still not fixed by Wednesday.