FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] Nexus 5 displaying wrong size: 32 GB only showing 16 GB

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Klunn, Junior Member on 4th February 2014, 07:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?
 
 
4th February 2014, 08:16 AM |#2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,713
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunn

I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 08:29 AM |#3  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,636
 
More
Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 08:47 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.

Thanks gee. Apparently after finally finding the right search strings, this can also be done with a nandroid backup. I'm going to give this a try first, if not, will go with the way suggested in that thread! Thanks!
4th February 2014, 08:54 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trust me. Frustration with finding the search strings was getting to me. No solid answers after 1 hr of trying everything I could think of. Finally used "restore nandroid to 32GB", and bang - its there. Just factory formatted and got the space back, then restored nandroid and voila! Everything back to before with 16GB more.

Sorry about the duplication, but guess I'm dumb late in the day haha
4th February 2014, 01:26 PM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,846
 
Donate to Me
More
Here's a hint, use xda in your search string. e.g. nexus 5 32 gb is now 16 xda.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes