Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Nexus 5 displaying wrong size: 32 GB only showing 16 GB

OP Klunn

4th February 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?
4th February 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,158

8,596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunn

I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,361

23,411 posts
More
Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.

Thanks gee. Apparently after finally finding the right search strings, this can also be done with a nandroid backup. I'm going to give this a try first, if not, will go with the way suggested in that thread! Thanks!
4th February 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trust me. Frustration with finding the search strings was getting to me. No solid answers after 1 hr of trying everything I could think of. Finally used "restore nandroid to 32GB", and bang - its there. Just factory formatted and got the space back, then restored nandroid and voila! Everything back to before with 16GB more.

Sorry about the duplication, but guess I'm dumb late in the day haha
4th February 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,555

10,298 posts
Here's a hint, use xda in your search string. e.g. nexus 5 32 gb is now 16 xda.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread