Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 displaying wrong size: 32 GB only showing 16 GB

Tip us?

Klunn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Database [Q] Nexus 5 displaying wrong size: 32 GB only showing 16 GB

I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunn View Post
I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?
Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,411
Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Klunn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.
Thanks gee. Apparently after finally finding the right search strings, this can also be done with a nandroid backup. I'm going to give this a try first, if not, will go with the way suggested in that thread! Thanks!

Klunn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Trust me. Frustration with finding the search strings was getting to me. No solid answers after 1 hr of trying everything I could think of. Finally used "restore nandroid to 32GB", and bang - its there. Just factory formatted and got the space back, then restored nandroid and voila! Everything back to before with 16GB more.

Sorry about the duplication, but guess I'm dumb late in the day haha

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,349
Here's a hint, use xda in your search string. e.g. nexus 5 32 gb is now 16 xda.