Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 draining my battery even its in sleep mode

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinchyHanepp View Post
But I never use mobile data since I bought this phone. And look even if its on airplane mode. It took 4% on my battery.
4% in 5 hours is under a percent per hour. That is not unusual. Your apps and setup can make this fluctuate. But under a percent per hour is definitely not an issue. It isn't stellar, but certainly not bad.

And YOU may not use data.... But plenty of apps do... And if they have trouble getting a data connection.... Your battery plummets.

Again then.... Airplane mode is definitely overkill. Just toggle off data, or turn it off in settings. Then calls and texts will still work. When the signal is good enough.

Check the Battery thread in my signature. Do as many things in post 2 as you can and you may see a better result.

And see post 4...provide most of those screen shots.... With a long drain.... 100 to like 10 percent... And we can see if anything seems odd.

But again, your drain isn't bad at all really. How much screen time was in those 5 hours BTW?
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

WinchyHanepp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I got 5mins screen time on that 😂