[Q] Yet another Nexus 5 dunked in water. Trouble shooting help please.
Little toddler nephew threw it in a pitcher of water. Sister dried it with a blow dryer and she couldn't get it started to so asked me to try so here I am. She tried to turn it on once about a MONTH ago but nothing since. I'm not sure where to start the trouble shooting so any help would be appreciated. I've taken apart a few devices so I'll be doing that shortly as well.
1) I THINK it's charging but there's no charge indicator at all. A red light came on the first time I plugged it in very briefly but it never came back on again. I'm guessing it's not the battery.
2) I've tried all the button combo to try to get it in various modes, no joy here.
3) The phone vibrates when I hold the power button ( or various button combo ) but the screen doesn't come on.
4) Computer ( Win 8) sees the phone as Nexus 5 but when I click on it, it's blank. The properties show me, LGE, Firmware 1.0, and its serial number. Power source: Battery
5) Several times that I've tried the button combos it would play a little jingle. I'm guessing it's a default LG jingle.
Any suggestions on what the problem will be ? I will probably dunk the thing into alcohol once I take it apart. I'm guessing the display would be the obvious guess but it's a bit pricy to buy just to find out that it's not the screen.
Asus Transformer - KatKiss Rom KK 4.4.3 v29
HP Touchpad - ICS CM9
Samsung Tab 2 7.0 Stock
Samsung Galaxy s1 - SuperNexus Rom 4.2.2
Kobo Vox - Piece of garbage
Nook HD+ , Stock, Nova Prime
Apple Ipad 2