FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

nexus 5 E980 ??

1,180 posts
Thanks Meter: 131
 
By UnicornKaz, Senior Member on 15th January 2014, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
why does a lot of accessories retailers keep listing the Nexus 5 (D820/D821) as the nexus 5 E980 ?

the E980 is the
LG Optimus G Pro ...NOT the Nexus 5 !!

The Following User Says Thank You to UnicornKaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th January 2014, 11:48 PM |#2  
El Daddy's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 5,126
 
More
I don't know. You should contact the retailers and ask them instead of posting this question here.
15th January 2014, 11:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern Ontario
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

I don't know. You should contact the retailers and ask them instead of posting this question here.

when shopping for nexus 5 accessories... nearly 8 out of 10 listed the nexus 5 as the E980 ...etc

if it was only a particular vendor I would have ask them... but was curious as to why the majority does...etc

besides... is this NOT the Q&A section ??
The Following User Says Thank You to UnicornKaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 11:56 PM |#4  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 969
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornKaz

when shopping for nexus 5 accessories... nearly 8 out of 10 listed the nexus 5 as the E980 ...etc

if it was only a particular vendor I would have ask them... but was curious as to why the majority does...etc

besides... is this NOT the Q&A section ??

It is, but how would any of us know why they call it that?
15th January 2014, 11:58 PM |#5  
TheAtheistOtaku's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

It is, but how would any of us know why they call it that?

you never know who might have answers. Hes posting in the q&a section, so theres nothing to get all moody about
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAtheistOtaku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 12:01 AM |#6  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 969
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistOtaku

you never know who might have answers. Hes posting in the q&a section, so theres nothing to get all moody about

No one got moody. And usually there never is a reason why retailers post the wrong model number.

OP: I wouldn't worry about it. If it looks like the shape of a Nexus 5 and the description says "Nexus 5" and not the G pro, then just get it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes