Nexus 5 earpice

OP MJDdeLacerda

31st May 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 28

162 posts
More
I have a problem with the earpice on my N5, when I'm on a call I get a interference buzz, just like when you put your phone next to computer speakers and someone is calling you, that sound, but subtle. Sometimes, I get a few snaps or cracks also...
It only happens at least after 10 seconds that the call is going on, never immediately picking it up. And doesn't stop.
Does someone know if all N5 have this characteristic or is it a defect of my device? It's manufactured on 2014, april.
Please, I want to know so I can go to the store again and, if needed, exchange it for another...
1st June 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDdeLacerda

I have a problem with the earpice on my N5, when I'm on a call I get a interference buzz, just like when you put your phone next to computer speakers and someone is calling you, that sound, but subtle. Sometimes, I get a few snaps or cracks also...
It only happens at least after 10 seconds that the call is going on, never immediately picking it up. And doesn't stop.
Does someone know if all N5 have this characteristic or is it a defect of my device? It's manufactured on 2014, april.
Please, I want to know so I can go to the store again and, if needed, exchange it for another...

Have you rooted your phone or installed custom ROMS? Or is your phone just stock? Have you ever dropped your phone? Were you the first owner of the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 28

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee

Have you rooted your phone or installed custom ROMS? Or is your phone just stock? Have you ever dropped your phone? Were you the first owner of the phone?

It's brand new, I didn't even rooted it. My phone is stock. No, it's perfect, didn't dropped it...and I just purchased it from the store.
1st June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDdeLacerda

It's brand new, I didn't even rooted it. My phone is stock. No, it's perfect, didn't dropped it...and I just purchased it from the store.

Then it sounds like a hardware issue. I recommend get it switched out for a new one if possible under warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread