Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 earpice

Tip us?

MJDdeLacerda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Nexus 5 earpice

I have a problem with the earpice on my N5, when I'm on a call I get a interference buzz, just like when you put your phone next to computer speakers and someone is calling you, that sound, but subtle. Sometimes, I get a few snaps or cracks also...
It only happens at least after 10 seconds that the call is going on, never immediately picking it up. And doesn't stop.
Does someone know if all N5 have this characteristic or is it a defect of my device? It's manufactured on 2014, april.
Please, I want to know so I can go to the store again and, if needed, exchange it for another...

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDdeLacerda View Post
I have a problem with the earpice on my N5, when I'm on a call I get a interference buzz, just like when you put your phone next to computer speakers and someone is calling you, that sound, but subtle. Sometimes, I get a few snaps or cracks also...
It only happens at least after 10 seconds that the call is going on, never immediately picking it up. And doesn't stop.
Does someone know if all N5 have this characteristic or is it a defect of my device? It's manufactured on 2014, april.
Please, I want to know so I can go to the store again and, if needed, exchange it for another...
Have you rooted your phone or installed custom ROMS? Or is your phone just stock? Have you ever dropped your phone? Were you the first owner of the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts

MJDdeLacerda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
Have you rooted your phone or installed custom ROMS? Or is your phone just stock? Have you ever dropped your phone? Were you the first owner of the phone?

It's brand new, I didn't even rooted it. My phone is stock. No, it's perfect, didn't dropped it...and I just purchased it from the store.

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDdeLacerda View Post
It's brand new, I didn't even rooted it. My phone is stock. No, it's perfect, didn't dropped it...and I just purchased it from the store.
Then it sounds like a hardware issue. I recommend get it switched out for a new one if possible under warranty.

Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Lee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]