Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 as external hard drive and not as media drive

Tip us?
 
Alfablos
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 116
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome
Default Nexus 5 as external hard drive and not as media drive

Hi guys,
I'm going crazy trying to let my pc see my nexus 5 as an external hd and NOT as a media drive. As a matter of fact now I can browse all of my files in my Sdcard from that media drive, as if It were a hard drive (I can also double-click on this media drive and I can see a hard disk icon in it) BUT yesterday I was using Beyond Compare to sync my music folder: the program wouldn't see my nexus 5 in "My computer". Is there any driver or something to tell my computer that the N5 is NOT just a media drive?
I'm desperate
Thanks
 
pwrmedia
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 722
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfablos View Post
Hi guys,
I'm going crazy trying to let my pc see my nexus 5 as an external hd and NOT as a media drive. As a matter of fact now I can browse all of my files in my Sdcard from that media drive, as if It were a hard drive (I can also double-click on this media drive and I can see a hard disk icon in it) BUT yesterday I was using Beyond Compare to sync my music folder: the program wouldn't see my nexus 5 in "My computer". Is there any driver or something to tell my computer that the N5 is NOT just a media drive?
I'm desperate
Thanks
https://productforums.google.com/for...us/N-QCblB5gKQ
Currently running:

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: 4.4.2 Rooted Stock
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Freq: Stock
LCD Density: 300




Retired: HTC One, S3 Dev Ed., Galaxy Nexus, iPhone4s 32G, EVO LTE, 3vo, MoPho, Evo Shift, OG Evo, Hero, Diamond
 
rootSU
Old
#3  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10723
Posts: 21,865
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
MTP and PTP are only option

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Alfablos
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 116
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome
Isn't there any driver which can help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
rootSU
Old
#5  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10723
Posts: 21,865
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Read the link!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zepius
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1078
Posts: 2,848
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfablos View Post
Isn't there any driver which can help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
please read below as this has been discussed countless times:

YOU CANNOT MOUNT THE PHONE AS A EXTERNAL HD (MASS STORAGE MODE)
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Alfablos
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 116
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Read the link!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
please read below as this has been discussed countless times:

YOU CANNOT MOUNT THE PHONE AS A EXTERNAL HD (MASS STORAGE MODE)
As a matter of fact, I'm twice sorry: to you and to the fact that there's no chance to sync two folders betwwe N5 and a PC/Mac
 
rootSU
Old
#8  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10723
Posts: 21,865
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Plenty of alternatives to beyond compare. Perhaps rename the thread to "how can I sync music from mac?"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes