Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 and HondaLink

Tip us?

morkdaddy21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Nexus 5 and HondaLink

Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has used a nexus 5 with the new HondaLink feature? I am buying a 2014 honda accord soon and this may be a deciding factor of whether I upgrade to a better trim. Seems from my research that the iphone's are very receptive, but android less so.

korgmotif
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkdaddy21 View Post
Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has used a nexus 5 with the new HondaLink feature? I am buying a 2014 honda accord soon and this may be a deciding factor of whether I upgrade to a better trim. Seems from my research that the iphone's are very receptive, but android less so.
no android phones currently work with the touchscreen. dealer said that support is coming later this year.
Nexus 5 | Nexus 7

frigidazzi
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Is the honda link on the 2014 cars different than 2013? I have a 2013 and it works okay.

I use Bluetooth and I can see the songs that are playing on their phone over the car screen. Tell me what specifically you are looking for and I will let you know if I can.

I don't have a touch screen in my car. So I guess audio only stuff.

morkdaddy21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
thanks for the help guys, I tried it out on at a dealer and everything works except the usb. the usb does not recognize the phone, I guess only iphones can connect via usb at the moment