Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 and HondaLink

OP morkdaddy21

23rd May 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has used a nexus 5 with the new HondaLink feature? I am buying a 2014 honda accord soon and this may be a deciding factor of whether I upgrade to a better trim. Seems from my research that the iphone's are very receptive, but android less so.
15th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #2  

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkdaddy21

Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has used a nexus 5 with the new HondaLink feature? I am buying a 2014 honda accord soon and this may be a deciding factor of whether I upgrade to a better trim. Seems from my research that the iphone's are very receptive, but android less so.

no android phones currently work with the touchscreen. dealer said that support is coming later this year.
15th June 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 110

916 posts
Is the honda link on the 2014 cars different than 2013? I have a 2013 and it works okay.

I use Bluetooth and I can see the songs that are playing on their phone over the car screen. Tell me what specifically you are looking for and I will let you know if I can.

I don't have a touch screen in my car. So I guess audio only stuff.
17th June 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
thanks for the help guys, I tried it out on at a dealer and everything works except the usb. the usb does not recognize the phone, I guess only iphones can connect via usb at the moment
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread