Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 issues

Tip us?

theolepsy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Nexus 5 issues

Hello everyone!
So I bought the Nexus 5 about 2 months ago and it occasionally would hang and I would need to force reboot it. I found out Slimkat was very stable and fast so I flashed that almost immediately. I had absolutely no problems until after the 4.4.3 update, which quite literally, a few days after, my phone emitted an odd noise (almost like the N64/NES freeze noise) and shut off. It would refuse to reboot. I contacted my carrier and they told me it'd be 150 to replace it. I decided to try and fix it.

I used a toolkit to put everything stock on the phone.

Now, I'm running 4.4.2 OTA. I'm still having frequent crashes with the same noise. After a crash it takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes for the phone to actually boot.

It essentially boots, shows the Google screen and freezes there or just completely goes black.
Or, it goes into the bootanimation and freezes or goes black.

I finally got a logcat though and have two separate lists. The errors and the whole logcat.

Error log: http://pastebin.com/ZTwJXntG
Full logcat: http://pastebin.com/2DNy99b2

If anyone could provide insight and possibly a way to fix this, it would be very appreciated. I don't have 150 dollars to fix this right now lol

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6274

DONATE TO ME
Why would it cost $150 to replace it? It should be covered under warranty with Google/LG, not your carrier.

theolepsy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
Why would it cost $150 to replace it? It should be covered under warranty with Google/LG, not your carrier.
I bought it from my carrier and have insurance. I work in an industrial setting and my screen cracked, so they require it to go through the insurance which has a 150$ deductible. I doubt my warranty will cover a hardware/software fault with a cracked screen.

theolepsy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No one has any idea?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20703
your logs dont tell me much, its just a plain logcat. what would be helpful for me is a last_kmsg. you would grab one of these AFTER it shutdown by itself or reboots. at least it would show why exactly it shut down or rebooted.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!