OP theolepsy

19th June 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Hello everyone!
So I bought the Nexus 5 about 2 months ago and it occasionally would hang and I would need to force reboot it. I found out Slimkat was very stable and fast so I flashed that almost immediately. I had absolutely no problems until after the 4.4.3 update, which quite literally, a few days after, my phone emitted an odd noise (almost like the N64/NES freeze noise) and shut off. It would refuse to reboot. I contacted my carrier and they told me it'd be 150 to replace it. I decided to try and fix it.

I used a toolkit to put everything stock on the phone.

Now, I'm running 4.4.2 OTA. I'm still having frequent crashes with the same noise. After a crash it takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes for the phone to actually boot.

It essentially boots, shows the Google screen and freezes there or just completely goes black.
Or, it goes into the bootanimation and freezes or goes black.

I finally got a logcat though and have two separate lists. The errors and the whole logcat.

Error log: http://pastebin.com/ZTwJXntG
Full logcat: http://pastebin.com/2DNy99b2

If anyone could provide insight and possibly a way to fix this, it would be very appreciated. I don't have 150 dollars to fix this right now lol
19th June 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,890

10,863 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why would it cost $150 to replace it? It should be covered under warranty with Google/LG, not your carrier.
20th June 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philly

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

Why would it cost $150 to replace it? It should be covered under warranty with Google/LG, not your carrier.

I bought it from my carrier and have insurance. I work in an industrial setting and my screen cracked, so they require it to go through the insurance which has a 150$ deductible. I doubt my warranty will cover a hardware/software fault with a cracked screen.
26th June 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philly

18 posts
More
No one has any idea?
26th June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,940

26,350 posts
your logs dont tell me much, its just a plain logcat. what would be helpful for me is a last_kmsg. you would grab one of these AFTER it shutdown by itself or reboots. at least it would show why exactly it shut down or rebooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread