Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Low Volume through Earphones/Headphones

Tip us?

Tabascal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 Low Volume through Earphones/Headphones

Hi , I am new to android and nexus 5 . I have recently switched from Blackberry. I need a help.. I am finding the volume drastically falls ( and it is pretty low)when I try to hear through the earphones/headphones in the " play Music" and Play Movies" app.. they seem to be ok when I hear the same through the speakers. I have changed the earphones/ headphones as well. The settings --> Volume --> Earphone is set to the highest level
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 21st April 2014 at 02:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Hi,

You can try this:

[MOD][GUIDE][4.4.2] Headphone, Speaker and In-call Volume Boost for the Nexus 5.

[APP]Nexus 5 Real Volume Booster [Version 1.2.4 Realeased]+[NEW PRO AdFree version]
(same thing as above but via an app).

[DISCUSSION] Viper4android.

Also some custom kernels have some settings for the sound, check the dev section).

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raptir
Old
Thanks Meter 157
What headphones are you using? With my ATH-M50s and Klipsch Image S4 I can only put the volume around 1/3 before it gets too loud to be comfortable. If they are higher impedance headphones you may need a headphone amplifier to drive them at a good volume.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]