5,594,386 Members 34,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Microphone Not Working

Tip us?
 
fraxture
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] Nexus 5 Microphone Not Working

My Nexus 5 microphone does not seem to be working while in calls. What is strange is it seems to work jsut fine when used in Skype, suggesting that this is a software issue. Also strange is that when I turn the microphone mute on/off during a call, I can hear that when the microphone is muted there is less fuzzy white noise. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is this a defective device? I've flashed this device with alternative ROMs, and now I've reflashed it with the factory stock ROM. But nothing changes the behavior that I've described.
 
fraxture
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2013
I discovered another thread on this that seems related to what I am experiencing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538979
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#3  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 197
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee
Have you done anything to the device other than ROM flashing (flashed kernel, MODs, etc)?
Far into the unknown, the Galaxy is all you know.

Samsung S5 - Stock - Rooted

Don't Forget to Hit the Thanks if I Helped!
 
fraxture
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationOmega View Post
Have you done anything to the device other than ROM flashing (flashed kernel, MODs, etc)?
I think the answer to that question is no. I mean, I had also installed various apps and the like.
 
Javeline4
Old
#5  
Javeline4's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraxture View Post
My Nexus 5 microphone does not seem to be working while in calls. What is strange is it seems to work jsut fine when used in Skype, suggesting that this is a software issue. Also strange is that when I turn the microphone mute on/off during a call, I can hear that when the microphone is muted there is less fuzzy white noise. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is this a defective device? I've flashed this device with alternative ROMs, and now I've reflashed it with the factory stock ROM. But nothing changes the behavior that I've described.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraxture View Post
I think the answer to that question is no. I mean, I had also installed various apps and the like.
Yep, you have the problem many people have encountered with their Nexus 5. I occasionally have this issue. It isn't as bad as when I first got the phone, but the microphone does occasionally go wonky during a call (i.e. callers on the other line say I sound really far away from the phone). The first 2-3 weeks I had the phone people would say all they heard was static while using the microphone (not speakerphone). It works better now, but the static/distant sound persists at times.

The consensus suggests it seems to be a software related issue that Google has not addressed yet.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes