Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 MultiROM lost kexec-hardboot

OP Doctor Ogg

26th January 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've installed MultiROM on my Nexus 5 device and i've had it for a while and never had a problem with it. Until now. I decided to wanted to have my OmniROM in place of CM11 and I accidentally copied the secondary to primary slot in TWRP. Now whenever I try to boot up into CM11, it gives me the error code "Kexec-hardboot support required to boot this ROM. Use kernel with kexec-hardboot support." I have no idea what this mean and I'd really like for it to get fixed asap. If you can help, please do asap. Thanks in advance!
30th July 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Ogg

I've installed MultiROM on my Nexus 5 device and i've had it for a while and never had a problem with it. Until now. I decided to wanted to have my OmniROM in place of CM11 and I accidentally copied the secondary to primary slot in TWRP. Now whenever I try to boot up into CM11, it gives me the error code "Kexec-hardboot support required to boot this ROM. Use kernel with kexec-hardboot support." I have no idea what this mean and I'd really like for it to get fixed asap. If you can help, please do asap. Thanks in advance!

I know it's been a while, but for anybody who may need this...

What happens is that MultiROM needs the primary ROM to have a kernel patched with kexec to work its magic. Most stock and quite a few custom ROM kernels don't have it, so it needs to be installed.

Fortunately, the MultiROM application (available here as an apk or in the Play Store) is here to automate all this. Your device must be rooted for it to work, but if you've already used it once I guess you know how to do it again (note OmniROM isn't rooted by default).

If anything, please refer to MultiROM original post. Most of its workings are explained there. To quote it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

Installation
1. Via MultiROM Manager app
This is the easiest way to install everything MultiROM needs. Install the app and select MultiROM and recovery on the Install/Update card. If the Status card says Kernel: doesn't have kexec-hardboot patch! in red letters, you have to install also patched kernel - either select one on the Install/Update card or get some 3rd-party kernel here on XDA. You are chosing kernel for your primary ROM, not any of your (future) secondary ROMs, so select the version accordingly.
Press "Install" on the Install/Update card to start the installation.

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread