Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 51,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 & network data issues (three uk)

Tip us?

Smith2001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Nexus 5 & network data issues (three uk)

Morning all,

I've been having issues with my Nexus 5 and previous nexus 4 whilst on three UK.

Basically Sometimes data will stall on the up arrow only. I drag down the control menu from the top and the icon is showing signal strength and a sporadic up arrow. It either resolves itself after 2-3 mins or I have to put airplane mode on and off.

It's happened in areas of lots of users (Stansted airport) and areas with not alot (where I live)

I also think the error doesn't occur with an ee sim in the nexus 4 as the wife hasn't moaned yet.

Anyone had anything similar or fixed this?

Many thanks
Dan

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith2001 View Post
Morning all,

I've been having issues with my Nexus 5 and previous nexus 4 whilst on three UK.

Basically Sometimes data will stall on the up arrow only. I drag down the control menu from the top and the icon is showing signal strength and a sporadic up arrow. It either resolves itself after 2-3 mins or I have to put airplane mode on and off.

It's happened in areas of lots of users (Stansted airport) and areas with not alot (where I live)

I also think the error doesn't occur with an ee sim in the nexus 4 as the wife hasn't moaned yet.

Anyone had anything similar or fixed this?

Many thanks
Dan

Common issue I find on Three where the signal strength shows full but actually it can be a blackspot or a dip in connectivity. had this on My Nexus 5 and SGS 3. Nothing you can do but either wait or turn off and on mobile data.

Another Dan
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.