Default Nexus 5 Network Type Tests

I for one dont feel the need for LTE myself yet. Perhaps if im dling a large file or something i would want to use it, but my ever day activities that i use my phone for, 4G(HSPA) does just fine. So i decided to do some tests. The main reason i would turn off LTE and just use HSPA is id assume it saves battery. Ive come to this conclusion knowing LTE requires more phone power to hold the signal, and also the conclusion that when im on LTE, my phone signal is always significantly lower then when on HSPA. 1/2 bar vs 4/5bar normally.

How id normally turn off lte was using a shortcut to the Phone Info menu. Where you could change network modes. By default it is LTE/GSM Auto(Prl). I would normally set it to WCDMA Preferred to have it only use 4G(HSPA). However every reboot would reset that.
Until recently i found the Network Mode option within the settings menu. Wondering what the differences are side affects are, or if one mode affects the settings of another. So far ive found that the Network Mode and Phone Info modes are some what linked.

Network mode is under Mobile Network within the More Wireless Settings.
Phone Info via *#*#4636#*#*
Network Type via Settings > About phone > Status

Test #1

Set Network Mode: LTE (which in turn sets LTE/GSM Auto(Prl) if it was on anything else)
Set Phone Info Mode: LTE/GSM Auto(PRL)
Signal: 1Bar - 113db / 27asu
Network Type: LTE
Speedtest 1: 2.51 / 1.64
Speedtest 2: 2.21 / 1.80
Speedtest 3: 2.69 / 141

Set Network Mode: LTE
Set Phone Info Mode: WCDMA Preferred(i beleive doing this second, overrides the option set above, but it reverts it to LTE and LTE/GSM Auto(Prl) after reboot of phone)
Signal: 4Bars - 90db / 11asu
Network Type: HSPA\HSPA+
Speedtest 1: 2.25 / .45
Speedtest 2: 1.43 / .60
Speedtest 3: 2.08 / .42

Set Network Mode: 3G
Set Phone Info Mode: LTE/GSM Auto(PRL)
Signal: 4Bars - 91db / 11asu
Network Type: HSPA\HSPA+
Speedtest 1: 1.93 / .35
Speedtest 2: 1.55 / 1.04
Speedtest 3: 1.85 / 0.20