[Q] Nexus 5 Notification DRAWER wierd images

Search This thread

highonstock

Jan 17, 2014
Hello intelligent people at xda

ok, so here's my problem: (see attached images)

the notification drawer on my nexus 5 is acting strangely. Its not displaying the notification (widget) as it should for any notification widget that has play, pause, stop etc. such as Play Music, Tunein, and Viral. The widget also fails to update. (If I change the track, it fails to update the name.) The controls WORK i.e. i can still pause, skip track etc. however, there is obviously some glitch/bug with this.

All other notifications that don't require "active" controls, such as gmail, hangouts etc. working normally...even if i expand it.

This problem came totally out of the blue! The only "tinkering" that ive done with my phone today is that i removed xposed framework COMPLETELY (flashed the included disabler.zip) because i missed ART (dalvic feels sluggish). After i switched to ART, i noticed this issue. So then I switch back to davic to see if it persists - and unfortunately, it does.

Plz help me (a noob). Any suggestions to what i can do to fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-15-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-15-31.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,935
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-16-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-16-35.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,555
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-16-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-16-47.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,271
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-17-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-17-41.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 2,271

jaj473

Jun 19, 2012
Vijayawada
Hello intelligent people at xda

ok, so here's my problem: (see attached images)

the notification drawer on my nexus 5 is acting strangely. Its not displaying the notification (widget) as it should for any notification widget that has play, pause, stop etc. such as Play Music, Tunein, and Viral. The widget also fails to update. (If I change the track, it fails to update the name.) The controls WORK i.e. i can still pause, skip track etc. however, there is obviously some glitch/bug with this.

All other notifications that don't require "active" controls, such as gmail, hangouts etc. working normally...even if i expand it.

This problem came totally out of the blue! The only "tinkering" that ive done with my phone today is that i removed xposed framework COMPLETELY (flashed the included disabler.zip) because i missed ART (dalvic feels sluggish). After i switched to ART, i noticed this issue. So then I switch back to davic to see if it persists - and unfortunately, it does.

Plz help me (a noob). Any suggestions to what i can do to fix it?

just flash the ROM again

jaj473

Jun 19, 2012
Vijayawada
im already running 4.4.2 stock rom. will i lose my personal data, if i flash it ?

yes if you directly flash..
no if you use titanium backup to backup your apps
and apps like super backup for messages,contacts and call logs...
your internal storage data like movies,pictures will not be wiped...
all your apps will be lost but you can backup and restore them via titanum backup...
read the Rom thread carefully before flashing if you are new to flashing roms..
please dont skip any step in rom thread