Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 operating temp 85-95F, up to 105F with camera use. Is this normal?

Tip us?

Toepack24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Battery Full [Q] Nexus 5 operating temp 85-95F, up to 105F with camera use. Is this normal?

Nexus 5 operating temp 80-95*F, up to 100-105*F with camera use. Is this normal? I do live in asia, where it's hot right now, 91*F.

*if there is already a tread regarding this issue, pls feel free to correct me and lead me to the right place. tnx.

(the data was from gsam app)
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 18th April 2014 at 10:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Hi,

Absolutely nothing wrong, plus with this room temperature... (about 35C- 40C), it's nothing. I guess you mean about the battery temperature...

Search in this Q&A section for "heat" or "overheat" you will have some thread about CPU temperature and battery temperature. In any case there is a thermal protection: thermal throttling then...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toepack24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
Hi,

Absolutely nothing wrong, plus with this room temperature... (about 35C- 40C), it's nothing. I guess you mean about the battery temperature...

Search in this Q&A section for "heat" or "overheat" you will have some thread about CPU temperature and battery temperature. In any case there is a thermal protection: thermal throttling then...
Thank you sir

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 320
All phone when using the camera and even recording heat up as the camera module and image sensor has to work hard to lock AF and other things

my iPhone 5s gets hot my HTC one gets super hot, my nexus 5 gets hot
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery, nexus 5 experience, overheating