Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[Q] Nexus 5- "No OS installed"

OP idksomuch

5th May 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Hey guys and I apologize in advanced if theres any reasons I shouldn't be posting this thread.
Anyways, a few hours ago I tried to do a factory reset in recovery mode and I got to the page in TWRP where I could wip dalvik and cache but I selected the "system" option as well (it's a long story how I managed to accidentally tap that) and now when I reboot from recovery, it says "No OS installed." So now when I power off my Nexus and power it back on, the screen lights up and "GOOGLE" appears, the part right before the nexus logo appears during power up, but my phone stays at the Google logo and doesn't move. When I connect my device to my comp, my phone isn't recognized and so I can't add the factory rom onto my phone and I've tried to follow several procedures that I found on xda and other sites. Anyone know what I can do? Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if it's been asked many times before or anything but I really need help since I don't think google will RMA my phone since it's bootloader is unlocked and rooted.
5th May 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,364

4,105 posts
More
If you want to go with stock then flash the factory images: https://developers.google.com/androi...mmerheadkot49h

If you want a custom rom then boot into twrp and push the rom and gapps to your phone via adb push and then flash it via recovery the usual way..

You can also flash directly from a flash drive via recovery if you have an OTG cable with you.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
5th May 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Garde ceolled
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

If you want to go with stock then flash the factory images:
If you want a custom rom then boot into twrp and push the rom and gapps to your phone via adb push and then flash it via recovery the usual way..

You can also flash directly from a flash drive via recovery if you have an OTG cable with you.

Honestly, thanks for the quick response but I'm not sure how to use adb push or even how to sideload the rom from pc to phone. I just feel incredibly stupid and angry at myself because I let myself screw up my phone like this after only 2 months (I'm still a student in high school and I spent my own money on this phone so $400 is alot to me.) I downloaded the Nexus Rootkit from wugfrsh but I haven't had any luck yet.
5th May 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idksomuch

Honestly, thanks for the quick response but I'm not sure how to use adb push or even how to sideload the rom from pc to phone. I just feel incredibly stupid and angry at myself because I let myself screw up my phone like this after only 2 months (I'm still a student in high school and I spent my own money on this phone so $400 is alot to me.) I downloaded the Nexus Rootkit from wugfrsh but I haven't had any luck yet.

Mannn, you really need to read all the stickies before screwing your device..

Follow this thread to get back to stock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

To sideload a rom/gapps from twrp, follow this: http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

5th May 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Oh yay, I managed to fix it with the WugFresh toolkit. Turns out that I waited just a few seconds shy of the actual program completing its thing. I just thought it wasn't working since it was doing the same thing for 5 mins straight but this second time, it actually completed everything faster so I should've just waited. Anyways, thanks for the help ^ and I'll be sure to read the stickies and be more careful this time!
The Following User Says Thank You to idksomuch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,105 posts
More
Just a suggestion, stay away from toolkits as much as possible. They do more damage than good.
If you get stuck in some toolkit process, you don't know what's the toolkit actually doing behind your back.

Read the stickies, setup adb/fastboot and do everything manually. It only takes few minutes + you get learn something new!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Just a suggestion, stay away from toolkits as much as possible. They do more damage than good.
If you get stuck in some toolkit process, you don't know what's the toolkit actually doing behind your back.

Read the stickies, setup adb/fastboot and do everything manually. It only takes few minutes + you get learn something new!

Thanks! I will this time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread