Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 phone dropped in water, please help me out with this

Tip us?

GTI6speed
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimaxo View Post
Can they prove water damaged the phone if I send it to them?
It depends. There are water indication stickers placed inside the phone that change color when they come into contact with water. If the water never reached the indicators, then they have no proof. BUT the indicators are always put in places where water is most likely to go first, so even if you had your phone out of the water quick enough and dried it off, it still probably wouldn't have made a difference. I say do the right thing. Instead of trying to commit fraud, just buy a new phone.

theesotericone
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Can they prove water damaged the phone if I send it to them?
Yes. Your problem now. Deal with it.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,632
Just leave it in a bag of rice. It'll attract a Chinese man. And they're very good with electronics

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Ok so I got my nexus 5 on November 2013. It fell in water and it no longer shows the screen properly but it charges and loads up on pc fine. Can I get a replacement at no cost? The warranty says it doesn't cover psychical damage. If I have to pay for phone again, I'm gonna get Sony Waterproof phone, no point in wasting money on something inferior. This is a picture of the background, it's meant to be one colour

Remove spaces
h t t p : / / i . i m g u r . c o m /z7AX1bbl.jpg?1

My friend put his iphone in the fridge and got replacements.
I don't see how that wallpaper could ever have been the same color. Are you saying the black area should have been some sort of blue?
Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemw View Post
I don't see how that wallpaper could ever have been the same color. Are you saying the black area should have been some sort of blue?
Either way you're not going to see it in a screenshot. I once had quite a long conversation about a guy who thought dead pixels would appear in his screenshots. He then started calling android ridiculous because it didn't have that feature.

_MetalHead_
Old
(Last edited by _MetalHead_; 10th May 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,064
This guy is obviously trolling, nobody could be stupid enough to post a screenshot thinking it would show physical damage. Just report the thread and don't feed into it anymore.

edit: This thread feels vaguely familiar to me. Pretty sure someone tried to troll here a while back with the exact same scenario, posting screenshot and all.
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klimaxo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemw View Post
It's all meant to be blue.

aooga
Old
(Last edited by aooga; 10th May 2014 at 05:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 866
Quote:
It's all meant to be blue.
If your phone actually looks like it does in the screenshot, the phone is fine. Thats how the wallpaper looks. I really can't take you seriously right now.

@_MetalHead_ - I remember that. I think that was the thread that I was arguing about the screenshot too.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,365
This thread is going nowhere.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
This thread is going nowhere.

It is It is going to a new state, and this state is called "closed"

As already said, yes, they can prove you dropped it in water, and no, you will most likely not get a (free) replacement. That's all that can be said about it.
And as already mentioned, putting it into rice is always the best bet with wet electronics
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe