Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nexus 5 play music

Tip us?

guy6136206
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default nexus 5 play music

Hey there, I have a problem with the play music, I want to set a time limit to the Audie files, because now it shows on the playlist call records for some reason.
Any idea how to fix it?

RevelationOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy6136206 View Post
Hey there, I have a problem with the play music, I want to set a time limit to the Audie files, because now it shows on the playlist call records for some reason.
Any idea how to fix it?
Play music is unspecific when it comes scanning device and it selects all files associated to be shown in the play music. Play music scans entire phone, versus some third party players which can be set to scan a single music folder for files. Since you have call recordings that are audio files and play music scans it, it will appear in playlist. To overcome this, you need a file explorer to separate the recordings and place .nomedia file in the folder so the phone skips them when scanning for the audio files. To create the file, go to file explorer, place all call recordings in folder (if not already in one), option to create file, name .nomedia, and that should work next time the play music goes to scan the folder to skip it. Make sure to close completely the play music before all this so it resets the playlists to not include them. If .nomedia doesn't work, you'll have to archive the recordings so the phone cannot scan them.
From the depths, the light is all you see.... Life's Good in QHD.

LG G3 - Stock - No Root (yet...)
Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Root
Google Nexus 5 - Liquid Smooth - Root

Don't Forget to Hit the THANKS if I Helped!

MrCDWJR
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
If you decide to use the .nomedia method then just know that you will only be able to access those files via file explorer.
RETIRED:

-T-Mobile G1: All white front and back running Super E 1.0.2
-Google Nexus One running Enoms rom.
-LG G2X running Eagles Blood
-Samsung Galaxy S3 running Universe S4

Currently rockin Nexus 5 running Purity ROM with most recent Hellscore

guy6136206
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Very annoying, tnx anyway.