26th June 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone

Bars are a joke. Some manufactures set the bars to be full at very low dBm levels. Hence why some phone have "GREAT" wifi coverage and some need "help". lol Get Wifi Analyzer from the play store. Load it up on both devices. See how the dBm levels differ from the same spot. If the N7 has more dBm's then the N5 than you have conclusive proof to back your complaint. Should take all of three minutes to to some testing. Let us know the results.

Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser
26th June 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #12  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 303

1,347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasnaCuz

Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser

15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.
27th June 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.

Don't worry soon enough I'm going to gt it RMA by lg this week or so and I'll let u guys know
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread