Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nexus 5 poor WiFi signal

Tip us?

HasnaCuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
Bars are a joke. Some manufactures set the bars to be full at very low dBm levels. Hence why some phone have "GREAT" wifi coverage and some need "help". lol Get Wifi Analyzer from the play store. Load it up on both devices. See how the dBm levels differ from the same spot. If the N7 has more dBm's then the N5 than you have conclusive proof to back your complaint. Should take all of three minutes to to some testing. Let us know the results.
Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasnaCuz View Post
Yeah hi, if I haven't mentioned before I've already tested both devices and the nexus 7 actually had a 15% better signal than nexus 5 while testing with WiFi analyser
15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.
W32

HasnaCuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
15% doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You could try forcing the correct WiFi frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) on your phone to see if that helps at all.
Don't worry soon enough I'm going to gt it RMA by lg this week or so and I'll let u guys know