An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Streamline Android Theming with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because I am too … more

just got nexus 5, problem already

26th February 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

177 posts
hi all

Just got my nexus 5, booted it up and it got to the pick a language screen, went to change it and nothing! the touch screen just was not working..i could not turn it off as i could not press power off when i switched the button etc...it was like this for about 10 mins...i phoned the place i got it from and was in the middle of boxing it up to return it when all of a sudden bam! it worked! i have been using it for the past hour and its fine! switched it on and off dozens of times and its perfect!

Anyone else had this? i get 28 days to send it back if its faulty but they said on the phone they would check to see if it was faulty before sending out replacement and if they got it now it would look like there is nothing wrong..so i guess ill have to see how it goes
26th February 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 221

819 posts
It's working perfectly for me since unboxing,so wait and see,if this problem will appear again,return it.
26th February 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 185

928 posts
More
I had this happen with both a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5 after flashing a factory image. I ended up rebooting using the power + vol down combination.

My guess is that it's just a bug in the Setup app.
26th February 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptir

I had this happen with both a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5 after flashing a factory image. I ended up rebooting using the power + vol down combination.

My guess is that it's just a bug in the Setup app.

Thanks ill keep an eye on it ,see how it goes..
26th February 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnewton

hi all

Just got my nexus 5, booted it up and it got to the pick a language screen, went to change it and nothing! the touch screen just was not working..i could not turn it off as i could not press power off when i switched the button etc...it was like this for about 10 mins...i phoned the place i got it from and was in the middle of boxing it up to return it when all of a sudden bam! it worked! i have been using it for the past hour and its fine! switched it on and off dozens of times and its perfect!

Anyone else had this? i get 28 days to send it back if its faulty but they said on the phone they would check to see if it was faulty before sending out replacement and if they got it now it would look like there is nothing wrong..so i guess ill have to see how it goes

Next time if you want to turn it off long long pressing the power button will eventually turn it off
26th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleen

Next time if you want to turn it off long long pressing the power button will eventually turn it off

Thanks I'll try that if it happens again
15th March 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

177 posts
Well my Nexus touch screen went again today so back it's gone.. Gutted!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread