Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 random screen lock

OP Easy96

21st February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
My device Nexus 5 16 gb with android 4.4.2kitkat all stock.The problem is that the phone itself is locked in any application such as now when I write a message has to press several times to unlock. Please do a full reset. And it worked fine but when put a couple of programs namely program premium widgets then the phone started again blocked.Than you in advance!
21st February 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

542 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy96

My device Nexus 5 16 gb with android 4.4.2kitkat all stock.The problem is that the phone itself is locked in any application such as now when I write a message has to press several times to unlock. Please do a full reset. And it worked fine but when put a couple of programs namely program premium widgets then the phone started again blocked.Than you in advance!

You could try disabling lock screen for a while in settings/security.
Are you using a case that covers/touches the power button?
Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 21st February 2014 at 07:46 PM.
21st February 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4

I could try disabling lock screen for a while in settings/security.
Are you using a case that covers/touches the power button?

tried
Last edited by Easy96; 21st February 2014 at 07:48 PM.
21st February 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #4  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

542 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy96

tried?

Lol I meant You should disable screen lock. So, if it happens again, it might be due to a weird app causing it.
Also, if screen randomly turns off by it self after disabling screen lock, then the problem cold be around the power button.
That's why I asked if you are using a case.
21st August 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem from the past week on my nexus 5. it's getting worse as more days go by.
I'm not using any case for the phone. I have tried factory resetting the phone which has not helped.
the phone keeps locking and timing out every 10 seconds or so. I have disabled the lock screen too, but it makes no difference.

I've uploaded a small video of this happening on Youtube. It is actually much worse than seen in the video.
I cannot post the link as I'm a new user.the video is titled "Nexus 5 lock screen loop". It's a 30 second video.

Hope you guys have a solution. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by jeevan_uni; 21st August 2014 at 07:22 PM.
9th November 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Thumbs down
Same issue here on now two of my nexuss. You'll either notice the top right portion of the screen is raised up ever so slightly or the battery is warm to the touch. With both I could press the screen back in and it would move or have a little crackle. Seems the power button is effected by this, it's a design fault apparently. Wonder how many times I'll get it and how may times they'll replace my device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread