XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ordered Nexus 5 Red

Tip us?

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
Nothin wrong with using chainfires autoroot. Works great.
I've noticed a trend recently in which people using CF's autoroot seem to be running into issues. Either way, rooting the proper way is better. Rooting through a custom recovery installs the SuperSU binaries and the latest version of SuperSU onto the system partition all in one step. Less chances for things to go wrong.

mellevdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Great choice! Maybe check out your stock and unrooted Red (lovely) Nexus 5 a week, and then decide of you think it's necessary to root it.

If you decide to, I recommend flashing Franco Kernel for better battery life (especially in stand by) and enabling ART for a better performance. (You won't be able to use Xposed with ART)

You won't be disappointed, enjoy!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

bhillegass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had 14 different phones in 2014 (yes I need rehab) and I have to say the nexus 5 and the htc one are tied for my favorite. The nexus has been so reliable day in and day out and never causes me an issue. No surprises, no random drains, just performance. KitKat is on a whole different playing field, and getting the stock experience is truly something to look forward to. You will not be let down! Enjoy it and I'm so jealous you got the red!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Current Device: HTC One (AT&T)
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock

Previously owned devices: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC One X (ATT Version), iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, Kindle Fire, Macbook (2006), Macbook (2009), Macbook Pro (2011), Alienware M17x, Apple TV, Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy Note II, Kindle Fire HD, Macbook Air (2011), iMac Mid 2012, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus Q, Nexus 7, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700, LG Nexus 4, HTC 8x, iPhone 5

kidrobot52
Old
Thanks Meter 45
OEM unlock so much easier to unlock on Linux no drivers needed. Just adb and fastboot. Mad jelly you got the red one.

sent from Odin's Beard
Sent from my None powered android device.
iPad 2- Jailbroken absinthe
iphone- stock (wifes)
Sprint Galaxy Nexus Baked with BlackBean3
Asus Nexus 7 (stock and unlocked)
Eye for an eye makes the world blind. -ghandi
The Following User Says Thank You to kidrobot52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vuciz
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Driver installation is necessary, and is for any method you use. It can be a pita and if anything slows you down that'll be it.
Unless he uses Linux.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Device: LG G2 (LG-LS980)
ROM: Nameless ROM
Carrier: Sprint
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
If I've helped you, please hit thanks!