Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Revised version ?

Tip us?

yzak58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Question [Q] Nexus 5 Revised version ?

How can I really be sure that the Nex5 I am going to buy will have the tighter power button and larger speaker grills?

Does the serial number matter?
Because I've read that some of the phones with 312k serial numbers have the tighter buttons and larger speaker grills, but some people say that their 312k phones look the same as the original 310k models.

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzak58 View Post
How can I really be sure that the Nex5 I am going to buy will have the tighter power button and larger speaker grills?

Because I've read that some of the phones with 312k serial numbers have the tighter buttons and larger speaker grills, but some people say that their 312k phones look the same as the original 310k models.
Get a case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3
Rockin Android before it was Cool!

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:

My original 310K has some backlight bleed if you really look for it only appears in very dark dark movie scenes
and buttons don't rattle and is tight but

Its just a manufacturing tolerance as stated by another XDA member. If you buy a brand spanking new device from google play and or a carrier you most likely get the newest one.
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yzak58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
Get a case.

Not a fan

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Then it is not the phone for you.

B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3

yzak58
Old
(Last edited by yzak58; 24th February 2014 at 07:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
My original 310K has some backlight bleed if you really look for it only appears in very dark dark movie scenes
and buttons don't rattle and is tight but

Its just a manufacturing tolerance as stated by another XDA member. If you buy a brand spanking new device from google play and or a carrier you most likely get the newest one.
So you're saying that there is no fool-proof way to find out whether the device has got a loose buttons or not without opening the box...

But buying a phone with the latest serial number is the best practice as it would improve my chances of getting a revised version.
THANKS

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
So you're saying that there is no fool-proof way to find out whether the device has got a loose buttons or not without opening the box...

But buying a phone with the latest serial number is the best practice as it would improve my chances of getting a revised version.
THANKS
There is no 'revision'. If you are put off by a loose button, either fix it yourself, or choose another phone. Mine is loose, but doesn't rattle at all...I NEVER notice its loose in my Diztronic (thin) case, which has protected me from more than a dozen drops.
The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yzak58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
Then it is not the phone for you.

Ok, I'll consider buying a tpu case.
But what about the small speaker grill issue?

And I asked for a way to spot a good device, not a way to resolve the problems.

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
It is still an 'issue' for some.

Quote:
It is hit or miss. There are solutions, but you seek reassurance that doesn't exist, rather than solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:

The speaker on my Nexus 5 is okay but not as good as a iPhone 4 and or a HTC one
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
hardware, nexus 5, power button, rattling, revision