Nexus 5 + Root and Franco Kernel update - Help with battery

18th January 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guys I'm new here, nice to meet you all.

I've bought my Nexus 5 three days ago and I love the device. I have been tweaking it to my liking, but noticed that the battery is a bit weak.

So I've done all the battery saving stuff: Disabled hotword detection, limited location use to Wifi and Mobile network, all modes are on battery saving, disabled NFC and I'm using a fixed brightness of 30%.

I have my Google account set to sync App Data, Chrome, Contacts, Gmail and People Details automatically.

Plus I have a corporate account synced with an Exchange server syncing Emails and Calendar events every 30 minutes.
Phone signal strength is good and I'm also using a solid Wifi network most of the time.

That still didn't do the trick for me, so I decided to root it and install the Franco Kernel.

So after rooting and updating the kernel to Franco's R32, unfortunately, I don't think I'm seeing a battery life improvement, I can't post a screenshot as this my first post, but currently i'm on 70%, 3:09:53 on battery, 1:15:03 screen time.

I don't know how well that fares with other Nexus 5's running Franco so I'd love to get some input from you guys. Moreover, I'd be more than happy to get a set of what's considered to be optimal settings for Franco's kernel to get the most out of the battery. I currently have my phone underclocked to 1958Mhz, didn't touch voltages and Governor is of course Interactive.

Please help, I don't want to go over the same thing I went with my previous iPhone in terms of battery life :/

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread