Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the nexus 5 screen inscratchable?

Tip us?

Mazen Amr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Is the nexus 5 screen inscratchable?

Do I need to use a screen protector or the screen is inscratchable? And how easy does it get scratches?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,417
Nothing is unscratchable. Get a screen protector if you're worried. It's the same as any other gorilla glass phone.

Question and I'm not trying to be rude, but do you search before you post? You post a lot of threads asking questions that have been asked before.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Nothing is inscratchable, cool word by the way. It's up to you if you want to use a screen protector, I do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,064
It can be scratched, just the same as any other smartphone out there. Do I recommend screen protectors? Nope. I see no point in protecting the glass if you never get to actually feel the glass. Just take care of it and it'll be fine.
\m/(-_-)\m/

Mazen Amr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Nothing is unscratchable. Get a screen protector if you're worried. It's the same as any other gorilla glass phone.

Question and I'm not trying to be rude, but do you search before you post? You post a lot of threads asking questions that have been asked before.
Thanks and I search but I don't go into every thread and search it if I don't find the title I post a new one and I don't know of this is against the rules so sorry and I also post if I need an answer fast

ArtieQ
Old
Thanks Meter 60
ZAGG Invisible Shield is great, using full body myself!
Google Nexus 5 16GB (LG-D821)

ROM: Cataclysm 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1 | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Franco (R61)

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
Thanks and I search but I don't go into every thread and search it if I don't find the title I post a new one and I don't know of this is against the rules so sorry and I also post if I need an answer fast
stop being lazy.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
If you're going to search "Is the nexus 5 screen inscratchable?" for example, you're not going to find any threads titled that. The search is concise and searches for specific words, it's not a Google which searches for relevant terms for every single word/phrase (Not to mention adding "nexus 5" to the search is redundant in the Nexus 5 section, and "inscratchable" isn't a word). It's a little clear that you're not using the search properly from the threads you've created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

Mazen Amr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I write as an example the word "screen" and see the results

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,584
My friend.... I'll just say.... If you build a reputation of posting threads because you want quick answers and skip searching, eventually other members will recognize this.... And the replies /help will slow down or even stop.

Just some friendly advice.

Also, a well worded search will get you answers in seconds.... Posting a thread can take FAR longer to get you answers. 👌

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Enough said on the subject I think.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips