Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 screen shacking/wobbling/freezing

Tip us?

Nixver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 screen shacking/wobbling/freezing

Goodmorning, last March I purchased a Nexus 5, but since two weeks, the screen has begun to shake, wobbling and then freezing like in the picture below...The screen shows this image even if I try to reboot the sistem or if I try to boot in fastboot mode. The problem goes away after something like 10/15 mins of shutdown, but after a day or two, it comes back. I tried to unroot the phone and installing again stock Android (I used Cyanogenmod) and nothing seems to be solved. What could it be? A firmware issue? An hardware issue (more likely)? Should I contact Google assistance for a new device?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2787757  

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10081
Ensure its fully returned to stock then go the warranty route

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

kabini
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Custom Kernels can cause problems like this due to bugged GPU drivers.

Check if this happens on Stock ROM and Stock Kernel after a factory reset. - How to: Flash Nexus 5 Factory Images
Make sure to backup your data externally/online before doing a factory reset as it will completely the wipe phone.

If the problems still persist after full factory reset, ask for a replacement - The customer support reps at the Play Store are very undestanding.
Sometimes a faulty display connector can cause problems like this.