5,595,196 Members 46,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Not Sending/Receiving MMS

Tip us?

yogenfruz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still no fix for this. I also noticed that if a MMS message is to be received, but mobile data on the N5 is off, 8sms will constantly try to fetch it, unsuccessfully... This causes a notable battery drain and even had 8sms as the top battery usage when checking battery stats. I guess in a way, it's a way to see if you have an MMS message incoming, but still... Really wish data would just auto on/off when the device detected a MMS incoming/outgoing.

gsteelx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
Still no fix for this. I also noticed that if a MMS message is to be received, but mobile data on the N5 is off, 8sms will constantly try to fetch it, unsuccessfully... This causes a notable battery drain and even had 8sms as the top battery usage when checking battery stats. I guess in a way, it's a way to see if you have an MMS message incoming, but still... Really wish data would just auto on/off when the device detected a MMS incoming/outgoing.
I also use 8SMS. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but basically, the problem I had, was that if I were to send a text that was over 160 characters, the old messaging app on my S3, would automatically convert it to an MMS (which I think most phones do). For some reason, this was disabled in 8SMS.

The way to fix that, is to go into 8SMS settings, and find the option that says "Convert long sms to mms" and switch it to "1".

This worked for me, I had a slightly different problem then you are describing, but perhaps this could be a fix for you as well?

I hope that helps, if not, well, maybe it'll help someone else!

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
I use CM and the option to enable data to download MMS is not included yet. However i have no problem downloading MMS while connected to 3G. As long as your APN has MMS in the APN Types field it should automatically use that connection instead to get MMS.

I didn't have this issue on stock either (4.4) so maybe it's a carrier thing?