Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] All Nexus 5 sensors mysteriously non-functional?

Tip us?

joshumax
Old
(Last edited by joshumax; 12th May 2014 at 12:19 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Question [Q] All Nexus 5 sensors mysteriously non-functional?

Update: Sorry about the title, it should be "[Q] All Nexus 5 SENSORS mysteriously non-functional?"

Well, I usually don't post under Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting unless I'm stumped...

I was flashing an OMNI-hammerhead update a couple days ago on my N5 and noticed something funny, the orientation sensor on my phone didn't seem to work, and I couldn't tilt my phone anymore. I quickly googled the problem expecting somebody with a similar problem but I haven't found one yet... I figured it was just a bad build, so I opened up TWRP and reflashed the zip for my original working OMNI install. The orientation sensor still didn't work... So I booted back into recovery and did a systen-data-cache-dalvik wipe and reflashed OMNI. Still, the sensor wouldn't work. I installed Android Sensor Box and opened it up and it said the only available sensor was the sound sensor. Furthermore, when I was taking a look through the sysfs none of the usual device firmware directories were showing up. `lsmod` seems to show that all of the kernel modules are loaded for my phone, and re-flashing my phone to stock android didn't help either. Finally, today I decided to back up my /data/media folder and reflash everything, including the radio and bootloader using the Unified Android Toolkit. Still, after all of that, the only sensor that shows up is the sound sensor. No compass, no accelerometer, nothing. What should I do? What should I try?

wolfu11
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshumax View Post
Update: Sorry about the title, it should be "[Q] All Nexus 5 SENSORS mysteriously non-functional?"

Well, I usually don't post under Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting unless I'm stumped...

I was flashing an OMNI-hammerhead update a couple days ago on my N5 and noticed something funny, the orientation sensor on my phone didn't seem to work, and I couldn't tilt my phone anymore. I quickly googled the problem expecting somebody with a similar problem but I haven't found one yet... I figured it was just a bad build, so I opened up TWRP and reflashed the zip for my original working OMNI install. The orientation sensor still didn't work... So I booted back into recovery and did a systen-data-cache-dalvik wipe and reflashed OMNI. Still, the sensor wouldn't work. I installed Android Sensor Box and opened it up and it said the only available sensor was the sound sensor. Furthermore, when I was taking a look through the sysfs none of the usual device firmware directories were showing up. `lsmod` seems to show that all of the kernel modules are loaded for my phone, and re-flashing my phone to stock android didn't help either. Finally, today I decided to back up my /data/media folder and reflash everything, including the radio and bootloader using the Unified Android Toolkit. Still, after all of that, the only sensor that shows up is the sound sensor. No compass, no accelerometer, nothing. What should I do? What should I try?
Here you go.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...xus-5-t2704915
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfu11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshumax
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfu11 View Post
Hmm, it was really that simple?

Huh, who'da thought...
Thanks!
Tags
flash, module, nexus, sensors