[Q] Nexus 5 shuts down after booting

Search This thread

skautkurt

Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys, I´m new here,

and I have a problem with my Nexus 5.
Today, I took it out of my pocket, and it was turned off. I don´t know why, it charged over night,
So I tried to boot it normally, and it worked. But upon reaching the pin screen for the sim card, a message popped up: Power off, shutting down.
I tried some more time, with and without sim, on the charger, and without, I even resetet it to the factory setting through the bootloader.
All these attempts did not work. My phone is on stock, and it´s unrooted.
What can I try to get it working again?

Cheers,
Timo

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My first guess is that the plug was not fully inserted into the socket on the phone so that it discharged all night to zero. When that happens, I've found that you need to plug in the charger and leave it alone for a half hour before you will see any sign that it is in fact charging.

skautkurt

Mar 3, 2014
My first guess is that the plug was not fully inserted into the socket on the phone so that it discharged all night to zero. When that happens, I've found that you need to plug in the charger and leave it alone for a half hour before you will see any sign that it is in fact charging.

Thanks for the answer.
Had it at the charger for like 3-4 hours now, nothing changed...In the short time, I´m able to see the battery indicator it shows the battery on half load together with the sign that it´s loading.
Does the phone load on the bootloader screen?
Cheers,
Timo
:confused:

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
Yup, the phone can charge even on bootloader.

Did you unlock the bootloader (and flashed a custom recovery) on the phone ? You should try to backup all data (recovery -> mount and storage -> mount usb, then connect to a comptuter using a usb cable) and to flash another rom/ fastboot and flash the original firmware

skautkurt

Mar 3, 2014
Yup, the phone can charge even on bootloader.

Did you unlock the bootloader (and flashed a custom recovery) on the phone ? You should try to backup all data (recovery -> mount and storage -> mount usb, then connect to a comptuter using a usb cable) and to flash another rom/ fastboot and flash the original firmware

Nope, I did not unlock the bootloader. I will try to charge it at the bootloader over night, and I´ll see what happens.

Thanks,
Timo