Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cleaning speaker grill?

Tip us?
 
peikojose
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 557
Join Date: May 2012
Default Cleaning speaker grill?

Hi guys, is there a safe way of cleaning the speaker grill? Mine us full of dust and it has started bothering me.

Any idea? How do you clean it?

Best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to peikojose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lokke9191
Old
#2  
Lokke9191's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 194
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Glenview, IL
Either blow in it. Or shoot it with compressed air.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokke9191 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
peikojose
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 557
Join Date: May 2012
Wouldnt that make go the dust inside?
The Following User Says Thank You to peikojose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#4  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,510
Posts: 3,586
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
You could take a small shop vac and put i up against the grill to suck out the garbage, or if you want, even better, take apart your N5 and clean it out that way with compressed air and a shop vac. Pretty simple to open up a N5 if you have the right tools:

I know it says for Iphone, but the guitar pic type tool works best on the N5:

http://www.amazon.com/Repair-Disasse.../dp/B00KF4O962


Of you can use your fingers, this video makes me cringe but you could do it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbmtu-1KSQ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozzmanj1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
peikojose
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 557
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1 View Post
You could take a small shop vac and put i up against the grill to suck out the garbage, or if you want, even better, take apart your N5 and clean it out that way with compressed air and a shop vac. Pretty simple to open up a N5 if you have the right tools:

I know it says for Iphone, but the guitar pic type tool works best on the N5:

http://www.amazon.com/Repair-Disasse.../dp/B00KF4O962


Of you can use your fingers, this video makes me cringe but you could do it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbmtu-1KSQ
Wow thanks for your suggestion. I don't know it it's dirty enough to open it.. I am worried about breaking it hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to peikojose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nldxda
Old
#6  
nldxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 384
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by peikojose View Post
Wow thanks for your suggestion. I don't know it it's dirty enough to open it.. I am worried about breaking it hehe
Don't open it if you don't wanna void your warranty..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nldxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
peikojose
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 557
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nldxda View Post
Don't open it if you don't wanna void your warranty..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Can they know if I did?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes