FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Nexus 5 - no signal after water damage!

28th July 2014, 08:46 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Hi! My Nexus 5 got water damaged during a hiking trip. When I came home I disassembled and reassembled it, and it started working. However, what I found out was that the phone got no signal to the cellular network. The carrier name shows up, and when I boot the phone, it ask me for PIN-code (which is accepted). When I go into settings where I can select which carrier I wan't to use, it shows all the carriers available, but I can not connect to any of them. Hope you understand my problem and thank you for all help
PS: Also, NFC does not work.

28th July 2014, 08:54 PM |#2  
Flag Nijkerk
Thanks Meter: 2,087

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henricson

Hi! My Nexus 5 got water damaged during a hiking trip. When I came home I disassembled and reassembled it, and it started working. However, what I found out was that the phone got no signal to the cellular network. The carrier name shows up, and when I boot the phone, it ask me for PIN-code (which is accepted). When I go into settings where I can select which carrier I wan't to use, it shows all the carriers available, but I can not connect to any of them. Hope you understand my problem and thank you for all help
PS: Also, NFC does not work.

Or reassembling went wrong or those parts are permanently damaged
28th July 2014, 09:17 PM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrCraft

Or reassembling went wrong or those parts are permanently damaged

Could be true
28th July 2014, 09:49 PM |#4  
Flag Nijkerk
Thanks Meter: 2,087

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could be true

You probably need to buy a new device because reassembling voids warranty
29th July 2014, 12:50 AM |#5  
Flag YUL/YYZ
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrCraft

You probably need to buy a new device because reassembling voids warranty

Or just buy a new cover for 25$ with NFC antenna ...
try reassembling the antennas or replacing them they are kinda fragile if you bent em'

MAYBE your in for a 100$ but it's worth tring it last time I check 16gb was still 350$ why not save one if everything else is working but two servicable glitches?

Edit: btw. warranty was void the moment it got soaked before the dissasembly/re part!
Last edited by Ltdrev; 29th July 2014 at 01:04 AM.
29th July 2014, 02:00 AM |#6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 7,304

More
When it comes to water damage...and something doesn't work after....to me its not worth messing with. You may have other issues you've yet to discover as well.

Time for a new phone. Why spend a bunch of cash just to end up realizing its a lost cost.

Just me 2 cents. 👍
29th July 2014, 11:53 AM |#7  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Think I'll just buy a new phone. When I turn my phone off, it won't boot up again until I de and reassemble it again. Strange... Thanks for all help
29th July 2014, 01:08 PM |#8  
Flag YUL/YYZ
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

Think I'll just buy a new phone. When I turn my phone off, it won't boot up again until I de and reassemble it again. Strange... Thanks for all help

p.m me i'll buy the old one if your to trew it away!
Good luck to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cellular, damage, network, water
Previous Thread Next Thread