Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 Simple Mobile 4G + Mobile Network Indicator

OP MkJackson

9th January 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I broke my N4 and got myself a N5. I thought to myself, "now I can finally take advantage of those 4G LTE speeds that I've been paying for!"

However, I only see the "H" indicator over my mobile networks though Simple mobile insists that they support 4G in my area. Am I missing something? Should I switch to another carrier? I'm I wrong for expecting to see a "4G" or "LTE" indicator in my mobile network strength indicator?

:-/
9th January 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MkJackson

So I broke my N4 and got myself a N5. I thought to myself, "now I can finally take advantage of those 4G LTE speeds that I've been paying for!"

However, I only see the "H" indicator over my mobile networks though Simple mobile insists that they support 4G in my area. Am I missing something? Should I switch to another carrier? I'm I wrong for expecting to see a "4G" or "LTE" indicator in my mobile network strength indicator?

:-/

Check your setting to make sure that LTE is the preferred network type.
Go Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Preferred network type and make sure it says 'LTE (recommended)'.

If it does, then if you have no LTE, I'd blame the carrier.
Either they have LTE coverage but it's weak where you're at and you're falling back to HSPA+, or they don't and are calling HSPA+ (the H icon) '4G'

Did they say 4G or 4G LTE?

Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's network and T-Mob defines HSPA+ as '4G'
If they didn't specify LTE, they only have HSPA+ in your area, hence the H icon.

If they insist LTE is available, try another carrier.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread