Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Smart Dock? 11 pin USB?

Tip us?

mmor101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 Smart Dock? 11 pin USB?

Does the N5 have a 11 pin USB connector? If so, do you think it might work with the Samsung Smart Dock accessory? I'm aware that I can use SlimPort to perform a similar function but there is not enough charge current to sustain long usage.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...rds=smart+dock

wicpp
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default It seems like 5 pin connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmor101 View Post
Does the N5 have a 11 pin USB connector? If so, do you think it might work with the Samsung Smart Dock accessory? I'm aware that I can use SlimPort to perform a similar function but there is not enough charge current to sustain long usage.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...rds=smart+dock
I have nexus 5 and by looking at the USB port it seems like it has only 5 pins and probably there are no pins on the other side of the plastic. Can not tell with 100% confidence unless I open apart my whole phone. But my friend has Galaxy S4 and looking at the top side of the Galaxy S4 I there is a small dent on the top side of the port whereas there is no such dent in Nexus 5 port so it seems that Galaxy S4 port in non standard but Nexus 5 is standard probably only have 5 pins. If this is correctly sadly we can not enjoy features like Samsung Smart Dock on Nexus 5. At the moment I am trying to achieve using Game Pad and Charging the Phone concurrently on Nexus 5 but probably it is not possible may be possible with some special Kernel, there is one such kernel for Nexus 7.
Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 NFC (GT-I9100P)
HTC HD2 with Android Nexus ICS