Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 w/ Stock ROM and Trinity Kernel Boot Sound

OP Kuromeshi

20th February 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all, I'm a newbie here and had a question about custom boot animation sounds. My phone is rooted running a stock kitkat image, but with trinity kernel installed. I have tried to get a bootsound to work but to no avail. I've tried putting my file in system/media as well is the ui directory there and a multitude of other directories. I've tried making a power on folder and making sure the permissions for my poweron.ogg file or bootsound.mp3/ogg have been set to 777 or pretty much any other combo of permissions I can set as well as changing file names and case sensitivity per name. I've searched high and low on this board as well as several others, but haven't found a definitive answer as to how to get this to work on a nexus 5 with trinity. I would really love to be able to couple a custom GLaDOS bootsound I mixed with my Aperture Science boot animation (the animation was resized and works 100% fine)

Any input would be apppreciated, heck even just signal boosting this question. Thanks guys!
20th February 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,475

26,767 posts
you cant have a boot sound on the nexus 5, at all. same with the nexus 4 and galaxy nexus. on the nexus s we were allowed to have boot sounds, we had robert oppenheimer speaking to us as trinity booted on the ns
20th February 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
No way at all? Even with a custom AOSP ROM and custom kernel that would support boot sounds? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm fairly new to this and am a bit confused as to why there would be no way to do that at all. Is it a hardware limitation?
20th February 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,475

26,767 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromeshi

No way at all? Even with a custom AOSP ROM and custom kernel that would support boot sounds? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm fairly new to this and am a bit confused as to why there would be no way to do that at all. Is it a hardware limitation?

hardware limitation, yes. we would be all over it if it was possible. but with the nexus s was the last time trinity included a bootup sound. we tried on the gnex and nexus 4, but it cant be done(btw, im part of trinity kernel).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread