7th August 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #21  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,848

25,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

lmao!
whats funny is that either we misunderstood each other, or a penguin was just spotted in the sahara desert(lol), because what you said is what i keep trying to say, theres no real protection. the best protection is that tbe average person doesnt have enough knowledge, patience, time to go after your data on a serious level. but those that are specifically targeting you for your data, those are who you should fear, as the data can be gotten to, if they really want to get it.

True.

But I'm also saying its better to have a lock on your houses front door than not. Opportunists general burglars wont bother, but the ones that know you have jewellery upstairs can still kick the door down.

I hope Google implement something to overwrite the blocks in the reset operation

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
7th August 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #22  
Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 137

841 posts
More
Also, I don't know how easily data really is recoverable. At least not with any tools I'm familiar with. I'm not talking about those expensive things that are sold to law enforcement and government agencies around the world. Yes, there was a recent article about how android devices weren't wiping efficiently or something but I have to wonder about that. I think the majority of people assume, and tell others, that's it not possible. Or not likely anyway. Regarding twrp with a password, is there an unofficial N5 build? It's not in the official build. I'm not talking about encrypted nandroid, I'm talking about a password to operate twrp in the first place.
7th August 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #23  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,848

25,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingondrums

Also, I don't know how easily data really is recoverable. At least not with any tools I'm familiar with. I'm not talking about those expensive things that are sold to law enforcement and government agencies around the world

Take a userdata.img, convert it to raw and mount it as a loop device on a linux machine then employ any file system independent data discovery /recovery software to find the files. Effort? yes. Simple? For some.

I'm sure there are windows alternatives too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingondrums

Regarding twrp with a password, is there an unofficial N5 build? It's not in the official build. I'm not talking about encrypted nandroid, I'm talking about a password to operate twrp in the first place.

Can't answer that but its in official philz, link in signature

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread