Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 storage problem

Tip us?

eytch_1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 storage problem

I installed some games a while back including Badland and Fifa14 and I manually moved the .obb files to my Nexus using a pc which were about 1.8gb combined, then after a while I tried to remove the files manually through the USB connection throughout my pc, the files were gone but it did not affect the storage, I tried everything but I couldn't get my storage back.. I know formatting would solve my problem but I really don't want it to get to that, any help would be appreciated.

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
@eytch_1 try to restart, see on android with es file explorer or the file still exist, find the trash folder and delete that one. It is maybe hidden but its named like .trash 1000 i believe but its an trash folder i can't say much more since i dont have an phone anymore for 2 months now. Or you must find some app to find big and large files or some trash remover app.

I also had the same problem as you had on my s2 i had my wth moment when that happend and i needed to remove an folder named something with trash and i had my storage back i hope it also works for you.
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far

lolcakes203
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Also try running fstrim command through elevated terminal emulator. Also use disk usage to see where the space is being used up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Devices:
LG Optimus 2X P990
LG Nexus 4

LG Optimus 2X:
ROM: Tonyp TheROM Build 26 New Bootloader
Kernel: Kowalski Kernel M1 New Bootloader 2.6.39.4 W/ RAM Hack
Bootloader:ICS Bootloader
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.0.0 For New BL
Baseband: 1035.21

Nexus 4:
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 W/ Root (Xposed, GPU Drivers, Dalvik/Bionic Patches)
Kernel: Matr1x 14.0 W/ GPU OC
Bootloader: Stock Bootloader (Unlocked)
Recvoery: PhilZ Touch CWM-Based Recovery
Radio:Radio (1.03)