[Q] Nexus 5 storage problem

19th August 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I installed some games a while back including Badland and Fifa14 and I manually moved the .obb files to my Nexus using a pc which were about 1.8gb combined, then after a while I tried to remove the files manually through the USB connection throughout my pc, the files were gone but it did not affect the storage, I tried everything but I couldn't get my storage back.. I know formatting would solve my problem but I really don't want it to get to that, any help would be appreciated.
20th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 745

1,051 posts
More
@eytch_1 try to restart, see on android with es file explorer or the file still exist, find the trash folder and delete that one. It is maybe hidden but its named like .trash 1000 i believe but its an trash folder i can't say much more since i dont have an phone anymore for 2 months now. Or you must find some app to find big and large files or some trash remover app.

I also had the same problem as you had on my s2 i had my wth moment when that happend and i needed to remove an folder named something with trash and i had my storage back i hope it also works for you.
20th August 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 51

291 posts
More
Also try running fstrim command through elevated terminal emulator. Also use disk usage to see where the space is being used up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank