Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 stuck in boot loop and cant access boot loader

Tip us?

adrman
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodds97 View Post
I can now access recovery mode which is all I need. I have always thoight it was power and volume + but I must have been confused with my tablet z. Thank you all anyway for helping me
Great news!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to adrman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cryptail
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys.
Sorry for bumping but I have the same issue and for me it wasn't fixed by going in recovery mode. I already tried deleting cash, and even tried getting back to factory settings. But still, when i restart the phone, the same loop keeps occuring.
At first it always just went to 'google' and then rebooted and rebooted. Now it just keeps stuck with the google logo (the 4 colour image).

Could someone help me possibly?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptail View Post
Hi guys.
Sorry for bumping but I have the same issue and for me it wasn't fixed by going in recovery mode. I already tried deleting cash, and even tried getting back to factory settings. But still, when i restart the phone, the same loop keeps occuring.
At first it always just went to 'google' and then rebooted and rebooted. Now it just keeps stuck with the google logo (the 4 colour image).

Could someone help me possibly?

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Try LG flashtool. Link in my signature. If you have the 32GB version of the american nexus 5 (D820) you can use the converted firmware without any problem. It was tested numerous time.

You can also try to reflash stock google rom in fastboot mode http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

If you are using LG flashtool and you get error about cant format userdata and/or cache or by checking the flashing log you see timeout errors then your phone have a fauilty emmc. If you are using the fastboot method and you see "remote: flash write failure" text in the CMD window then you have fauilty emmc. Your only option is to rma your phone if bought from google or claim your warranty from LG if your phone is not from Google and you have the receipt of your phone.