5,600,664 Members 36,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 stuck on boot, and wont go into recovery help?

Tip us?

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl View Post
Trust me, I've got almost the same exact symptoms, and I'm fairly tech savy with this stuff. The phone is definitely fried. See my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629591

The rom zip deleted itself because it was never really there in the first place, but instead probably just in RAM. It appears the flash chip has become read only.
That's getting scary imo. I think there's a wave of defective Nexues around?

sir_earl
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4 View Post
That's getting scary imo. I think there's a wave of defective Nexues around?
Well that's my theory, but I'll be risking coming off like a conspiracy theorist soon, and I *despise* those!

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl View Post
Well that's my theory, but I'll be risking coming off like a conspiracy theorist soon, and I *despise* those!
lol, lets wait for a few more cases after today and then call it a what it looks like an epidemic, but would like to hear from 100% stock user with untouched bootloader but a similar problem.
I come from HTC devices where things are harder (believe it) and this kind of memory problems got somehow solved which keep me a bit skeptical as of yet.
I just wish Google accepts returns of unlocked phones especially since it shouldn't just damage when in use.

criscooper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Reflash the recovery.img