Nexus 5 Stuck On 'Formatting /Data' After Factory Image Flashing

Search This thread

dmuml10

Nov 12, 2015
Hi
I have Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) 16GB. After Marshmallow latest update my phone begun to restart randomly, So I tried to do factory reset. When I entered recovery mode It did not show android lying on its back with label "No command" , instead It showed standing android with some rotating cube (or gear) on its tummy. I tried to flash factory image in several ways, using nexus root toolkit and fastboot. I even tried different versions of android to flash but no result. My phone still shows Android with rotating gear on its tummy. Today I found this Thread and did everything that was told but no luck. :crying: If anyone could help I would be very grateful. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

exninja

Nov 5, 2015
Arizona
What is "everything that was told"? Did you erase everything then flash everything new? How long are you letting it sit with the rotating cube/gear thing?

dmuml10

Nov 12, 2015
What is "everything that was told"? Did you erase everything then flash everything new? How long are you letting it sit with the rotating cube/gear thing?

thank you for your reply.

I used this commands as it was described
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash bootloader "name of bootloader"
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio "name of radio"
fastboot reboot-bootloader
astboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img

every operation was successful.
I waited for this rotating gear more than 10 hours, nothing changed Still shows same
When I click power button + up volume key It says "Formatting /data"

Last edited: