Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nexus 5 Stuck at Google Loading Screen (Picture attached)

OP joongpark

17th August 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi.
This phone was working perfectly and I left it to go away to another country so it must have discharged it's battery.

When I got back it would not turn on. Even after charging for a day, it will not turn on.

When I have the charging cable connected, it goes to Google Logo Screen and it loops (restarts over and over again)

There is no error message.

Picture is attached so please let me know what to do. It was a gift so no receipt to claim warranty.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nexus5.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (25.1 KB, 216 views)
Last edited by joongpark; 17th August 2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: More info.
17th August 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,469

4,064 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joongpark

Hi.
This phone was working perfectly and I left it to go away to another country so it must have discharged it's battery.

When I got back it would not turn on. Even after charging for a day, it will not turn on.

When I have the charging cable connected, it goes to Google Logo Screen and it loops (restarts over and over again)

There is no error message.

Picture is attached so please let me know what to do. It was a gift so no receipt to claim warranty.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Try booting into stock recovery and clearing cache, reboot.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to unlock the bootloader (which wipes data) and try flashing the factory images. A guide for that can be found in the first link of my signature.
17th August 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

If that doesn't work then you'll have to unlock the bootloader (which wipes data) and try flashing the factory images. A guide for that can be found in the first link of my signature.

Thanks for the help...I am not sure If I am able to get into recovery more. Last time I tried, I was not able to.

Let you know once I try it.

Thanks.
17th August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

I just tested and I am not able to get into recovery more...I am not sure what that mean. Should I connect Nexus to computer and see if it's recognized by computer and try to reload stock ROM?

Phone was never unlocked or flashed...it was in the same state as it was bought.

Can this be hardware problem? I saw some reports of similar thing happening with power button problem or other hardware problems.
17th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,780

27,328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joongpark

I just tested and I am not able to get into recovery more...I am not sure what that mean. Should I connect Nexus to computer and see if it's recognized by computer and try to reload stock ROM?

Phone was never unlocked or flashed...it was in the same state as it was bought.

Can this be hardware problem? I saw some reports of similar thing happening with power button problem or other hardware problems.

did you go into the bootloader, choose recovery, and it went to an android laying on its back?
27th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
This is the weirdest things...Spent days and days trying to bring it back to life and it would just reboot after GOOGLE logo. There was no way to get into recovery more.

I was looking around and someone said that tapping hard behind the power button with finger might bring it back and it did...so crazy. No matter what, I am a happy camper.

If you have tried everything, just try it...it behind power button and it might wake up the android that's been sleeping.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread