5,599,190 Members 35,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 stuck on "Google" logo.

Tip us?

blakice488
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Nexus 5 stuck on "Google" logo.

Hello !
I recently rooted my Nexus 5, flashed TWRP and added a few tweeks. Everything was ok . After a few days , I wanted to flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM . I booted into TWRP and went to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe menu .. and wiped everything ... including system (clean install)... .I tried to mount SD card but without success .. I also tried to use "adb push ROM.zip" command but it says " error : device not found " ; however , when i use "fastboot devices" command it shows my devices number . On the other hand , with "adb devices" command it shows nothing .. just "List of devices attached : " and that's all . So i figured out that it must be a driver problem ... . It looks like fastboot commands work just fine as I mannaged to flash CWM ( hoping that with CWM i would be able to mount my SD card). I don't know what to do . I hope you can help me guys . Thank you !

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
have you tried reinstalling the drivers? i recommend always keeping a usb otg dongle handy at all times. especially for situations like this.

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakice488 View Post
Hello !
I recently rooted my Nexus 5, flashed TWRP and added a few tweeks. Everything was ok . After a few days , I wanted to flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM . I booted into TWRP and went to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe menu .. and wiped everything ... including system (clean install)... .I tried to mount SD card but without success .. I also tried to use "adb push ROM.zip" command but it says " error : device not found " ; however , when i use "fastboot devices" command it shows my devices number . On the other hand , with "adb devices" command it shows nothing .. just "List of devices attached : " and that's all . So i figured out that it must be a driver problem ... . It looks like fastboot commands work just fine as I mannaged to flash CWM ( hoping that with CWM i would be able to mount my SD card). I don't know what to do . I hope you can help me guys . Thank you !
You're probably going to have flash the factory image with fastboot at this point. You could try the android naked usb drivers, Google them. I've had good success with then getting adb and fastboot working

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18022
if you are trying to use adb in the bootloader, it doesnt work there, but fastboot does. in recovery adb should work, but fastboot wont.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

blakice488
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You were right . I downloaded a factory image for the nexus 5 from google and flash it as an update with fastboot update . Thank you guys !!