Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Stuck in Recovery and can't mount on Mac

Tip us?

thegrapher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 Stuck in Recovery and can't mount on Mac

HI, I love learning about my phone and wanted to gain root access and have clearly made a HUGE meal of it. I desperately would love some one to explain if I can save be beloved Nexus 5.

When turned on it loads to the 4 colours and just wont go past that stage. I can access recovery mode but it wont mount on my Mac so i can access the SD card.

I'd just be happy to reset my phone now to factory can someone please help me do that!!!!

Thank you VERY much to anyone that could explain to me how....

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9754
Recovery doesn't mount storage. Google "adb on mac" then learn to configure adb.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justmpm
Old
(Last edited by justmpm; 28th April 2014 at 09:06 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2340
It is hard to know the best way to fix your issue, because it isn't really clear what you have done and when the boot looping started. I think that what you need to do is to reflash the factory firmware and that will require you to set up adb and fastboot correctly (as mentioned in the post above). This tutorial and this begginner's guide are probably a good places to start. If you don't understand something, search that thread and look in the "stickies" in Nexus 5 General...if you are still confused go a head and ask in the most appropriate guide thread or in the Nexus 5 Q&A thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradputt
Old
(Last edited by bradputt; 28th April 2014 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 109
i highly recommend WUG's nexus root toolkit.

this have saved my ass many times.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...1-8-0-t2517778

but you must sort out your ADB problems first.

many ppl have run this on Parallels or WINE, or borrow a PC from somewhere to restore to stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to bradputt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1818

DONATE TO ME
Never use toolkits! They tend to do more damage than good.
@thegrapher : Go to stock recovery and do a factory reset and see whether the phone boots or not.. If it doesn't, do what rootSU suggested and setup adb/fastboot on mac and flash the stock factory images!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thegrapher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks heaps guys....really appreciated all the replies. .

Firstly, thanks for the advice i will avoid toolkits in the future.

However...i did manage to sort it out i think. All seems ok so i hope so. Yeah it was loading the google screen showing the padlock on the bottom but the four colours just bounced on and on and nothing... so i couldnt mount it. I could go to recovery (a teamwin logo appeared so i guess that was installed). but in all the options it had nothing on the sd card or didnt appear to after going into every option and clicking mount or sideload. tried to reset it and finally i formatted decrypted data under that option and boom all good. even got it unlocked and working so i guess i found my way eventually.

Would like to know what i did so i can learn but i feel i went about it in such a way i didnt really learn anything. just happy its sorted i guess. and sort proud it is unlocked now i can move that annoying volume bar to the top where it should be!!! lol

hope some of that made sense or can explain what i did. cheers

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrapher View Post
Thanks heaps guys....really appreciated all the replies. .

Firstly, thanks for the advice i will avoid toolkits in the future.

However...i did manage to sort it out i think. All seems ok so i hope so. Yeah it was loading the google screen showing the padlock on the bottom but the four colours just bounced on and on and nothing... so i couldnt mount it. I could go to recovery (a teamwin logo appeared so i guess that was installed). but in all the options it had nothing on the sd card or didnt appear to after going into every option and clicking mount or sideload. tried to reset it and finally i formatted decrypted data under that option and boom all good. even got it unlocked and working so i guess i found my way eventually.

Would like to know what i did so i can learn but i feel i went about it in such a way i didnt really learn anything. just happy its sorted i guess. and sort proud it is unlocked now i can move that annoying volume bar to the top where it should be!!! lol

hope some of that made sense or can explain what i did. cheers
Cheers mate!! enjoy N5. boot it manually if required only