Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 gets stuck trying to write files with fastboot

Tip us?

tekdemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Nexus 5 gets stuck trying to write files with fastboot

Hey guys, I've been trying to update to 4.4.3 and managed to sort of get it working with the OTA but it was kind of a dirty mess so I wanted to try and do a clean flash with fastboot. So I downloaded the image from Google and tried to run the flash-all.bat and it errors out after flashing the radio and trying to send a reboot command to fastboot-far as I can tell this is because the bootloader is stuck on "writing..." The same thing happened before when I tried to write the system.img alone while restoring my phone to stock to load the OTA-it would get stuck on "writing..." in the bootloader and even waiting 5 hours didn't get it past "writing..." Does anybody know how to fix this? I'm trying to manually send things over one by one with fastboot instead of using the script but since it gets stuck with every file I'm not sure if it's even fully flashing everything over...very frustrating that it's getting stuck and this is with the latest bootloader on it too (hhz11k).

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I had a similar problem does fastboot on your computer crash and say out of memory

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tekdemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No oddly on the computer everything looks ok, it sends the file over and it says the write is successful. But fastboot on the phone then locks up basically and gets stuck on the "writing..." portion so then the next command will fail when the computer tries to send any commands. Very weird and reflashing the bootloader didn't fix anything either.

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Try restarting the computer and unplugging nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk