5,606,530 Members 33,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which nexus 5 is this?

Tip us?

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
There is no first or second generation, this is a myth that has spread like wildfire. There has been no official hardware revision. The design specifications have not changed. Yes a small number of people who have exchanged faulty devices have received replacements with larger speaker holes, but it's likely that these larger speaker holes are a result of remanufacturing faulty devices as the only people who have received these devices are people who have returned used devices. The devices currently shipping off of the regular assembly line have the regular size speaker holes, not the larger ones, so it is highly likely that the small number of devices with larger speaker holes are remanufactured.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PunkOz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Wow, I can't wait until I get my N5, amazing community Thanks guys! I'll try to buy one from the play store, my friend is at US, and the guy selling me this nexus is selling it for 500 USD (which I would pay considering all the "trouble" bringing the one from play store to my country) I thought that the small speaker holes were a problem, I guess I have to decide now.