Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 and Telus Routers

Tip us?

kattara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Its definitely the router, or something on your network causing you trouble. Disconnect every other single thing from your network and try. If not....its the router. Demand a completely different one from them.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

And if bad battery drain is still occurring, get gsam....and check Wakelocks. If its WiFi related, It will show that.
Thanks for the reply. I got a new phone, so I'm not having the battery drain issue anymore.

As for the modem/router, that's what I'm thinking. I've already talked to telus about it, but they couldn't figure it out. I think it may be a software update they pushed out, but they said they hadn't had any updates lately. I can't get a different one from them, as this is the one that has to be used for telus TV. I may end up just going up my own router to the existing modem/router. It's just frustrating as I'm experiencing this at another place that also uses telus. I mean, I can't be hooking up routers at every place that uses Telus, now can I? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2830
I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

kattara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.
Yeah, I'll try that (as soon as the network is free). I'll keep ya'll posted!