8th May 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 25

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Its definitely the router, or something on your network causing you trouble. Disconnect every other single thing from your network and try. If not....its the router. Demand a completely different one from them.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

And if bad battery drain is still occurring, get gsam....and check Wakelocks. If its WiFi related, It will show that.

Thanks for the reply. I got a new phone, so I'm not having the battery drain issue anymore.

As for the modem/router, that's what I'm thinking. I've already talked to telus about it, but they couldn't figure it out. I think it may be a software update they pushed out, but they said they hadn't had any updates lately. I can't get a different one from them, as this is the one that has to be used for telus TV. I may end up just going up my own router to the existing modem/router. It's just frustrating as I'm experiencing this at another place that also uses telus. I mean, I can't be hooking up routers at every place that uses Telus, now can I? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
8th May 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #12  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,868

13,383 posts
More
I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.
8th May 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 25

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.

Yeah, I'll try that (as soon as the network is free). I'll keep ya'll posted!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread