FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Nexus 5 and Telus Routers

289 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2014, 03:54 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Its definitely the router, or something on your network causing you trouble. Disconnect every other single thing from your network and try. If not....its the router. Demand a completely different one from them.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

And if bad battery drain is still occurring, get gsam....and check Wakelocks. If its WiFi related, It will show that.

Thanks for the reply. I got a new phone, so I'm not having the battery drain issue anymore.

As for the modem/router, that's what I'm thinking. I've already talked to telus about it, but they couldn't figure it out. I think it may be a software update they pushed out, but they said they hadn't had any updates lately. I can't get a different one from them, as this is the one that has to be used for telus TV. I may end up just going up my own router to the existing modem/router. It's just frustrating as I'm experiencing this at another place that also uses telus. I mean, I can't be hooking up routers at every place that uses Telus, now can I? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

8th May 2014, 04:18 AM |#12  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,073

More
I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.
8th May 2014, 04:23 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

I'd still try disconnecting everything connected to that router. Reboot it....and see what happens.

If its still a no go, then it really has to be it.

Yeah, I'll try that (as soon as the network is free). I'll keep ya'll posted!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread