Nexus 5 Tethering Doesn't work at all on MetroPCS

OP fulaman

13th March 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

443 posts
More
Wireless Hotspot (Wireless Tethering) doesn't seem to even work at all from my device on MetroPCS (which uses the same towers as T-mobile). When connected to a Windows Device or another Android device, connectivity does not seem to be present. On the Windows machines, the Wireless Icon displays "Limited Connectivity" I have tried numerous ways to get it to work. Anyone else experiencing similar issues with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	limited connectivity.PNG
Views:	665
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2627591  
13th March 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

107 posts
i replied to the other post that you made on tethering block thread. i am posting this while tethered.
13th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

443 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmsr

i replied to the other post that you made on tethering block thread. i am posting this while tethered.

That's besides the point, it has nothing to do with user agent, It just won't connect to the wireless tethered network. I get "limited" connectivity. Meaning it won't even ever go to the T-mobile site that gives you the warning. Tethering to Android devices and iOS devices don't work as well. Which tells me that the issue is with the default gateway not providing internet (something with the phone).

What settings are you using? What device(s) are you tethering to?
13th March 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 28

107 posts
that thread is not about UA agent only.
vista laptop, samsung note 10.1 for android tablet, samsung prevail for other phone.
no settings.db hack was necessary. just the WA switcher
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread