Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 touchscreen suddenly stopped working.

Tip us?

teunnk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 touchscreen suddenly stopped working.

Hello,

My Xperia Z broke and I sold it. Last week I bought a Nexus 5 (white) and yesterday the touchscreen suddenly stopped working while browsing twitter. I rebooted and the touchscreen worked for 1 sec and then it stopped working again. It keeps working for 1 - 5 sec and then stops.
Is there a way I can fix this? The phone is rooted because I wanted to copy WhatsApp over from another phone because I lost my sim bound to whatsapp.

I can go to the shop I bought it and get it fixed under warranty because I did not do anything weird with the phone nor dropped it. but first I want to see if it can be fixed from home or if it is a software problem because the shop is a hour drive and I don't want to do without my phone for another 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,349
This should have been posted in q&a, not general. But to answer your question, you're going to have to warranty it.

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
If you want to be sure it's hardware, reflash the factory image and see if anything changes. But it's most likely hardware at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

lombardo8
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13 View Post
If you want to be sure it's hardware, reflash the factory image and see if anything changes. But it's most likely hardware at this point.

I hope we are not going to get this part functioning screen problem with the N5. I bought a Nexus 5 last week only because part of my N4's screen stopped responding to touch after having it for only 14 months from new.
Nexus 5 | Current
Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
-------------------------------------------
Nexus 4 | Nov 2012 - Jan 2014
HTC Desire Z | Jan 2011 - Nov 2012
HTC Touch Pro 2 | Jul 2009 - Jan 2011
HTC TyTN II | Feb 2008 - Jul 2009
T-Mobile MDA Compact II | Jun 2006 - Feb 2008

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo8 View Post
I hope we are not going to get this part functioning screen problem with the N5. I bought a Nexus 5 last week only because part of my N4's screen stopped responding to touch after having it for only 14 months from new.
If it's happened to two of your devices, maybe it's something you're doing to it.

Edit: disregard, I mistook you for OP.

Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!